Barcelona Global International Press Desk is a project that is entirely dedicated to improve the reputation of the city in the world. It does it by creating stories which are of interest for the international press about the Barcelona that works, vibrates and has the capacity to attract talent.
The International Press Desk organizes Press Trips on different topics in Barcelona, inviting journalists and opinion leaders from the main international newspapers so that they get to know on first-hand what is happening in the city.
The main goal of the International Press Desk is that Barcelona appears at the international media due to its capacity to generate business and attract talent and innovation, its entrepreneurial activity, its high-quality tourism, its excellent and varied artistic-cultural offer or its growing presence as a leader in research.
- During 2018, the International Press Desk organized two Press Trips in Barcelona, which were attended by 16 journalists from media around the world.
- The International Press Desk organizes meetings with the correspondents in Spain in order to explain them the projects of Barcelona Global and to understand their interests.
- The International Press Desk is currently working on new Press Trips about different topics to be held in 2019.
Barcelona Global Press Trips
- Barcelona Global Press Trip: Sant Jordi
Barcelona has become the capital of the Spanish-language publishing industry. The city is a publishing cluster and is headquarter of large publishing companies. Furthermore, it has been recognized by UNESCO as the capital of literature. Once a year, Catalans pay homage to the literary world with the celebration of Sant Jordi festival: unique in the world.
In this Press Trip, journalists can get to know the Sant Jordi festival and understand the city as a literary capital. In addition, they come into contact with the main actors of Barcelona's publishing scenario and with some of its main writers.
- Barcelona Global Press Trip: The creative district tour
Barcelona has positioned itself as one of the design capitals. It is a reference destination for international companies in the sector, for students seeking the best educational opportunities in design and for professionals in all design disciplines.
The journalists in this Press Trip get to know the most creative and avant-garde side of Barcelona through visits to the most relevant places in this field and through interviews with their managers and creators.