A new benchmark for the city's classical music scene has emerged from the coming together of the Liceu Opera, the Palau de la Música Catalana and L’Auditori: Barcelona Obertura Classic and Lyric.
This initiative aims to promote Barcelona's rich variety of music on the world map, as one of the global cities where classical music matters.
Identify the main moments of every season with the propose of creating a top-notch programme for classical music lovers.
We want Barcelona, which is already internationally renowned above all for its cuisine, arquitecture, football and climate, to also be recognised for its classical music agenda and the uniqueness of its musical venues.
- Three seasons (2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18).
- Own budget of 60,000 euros, result from the contributions of each institution.
- Barcelona Obertura website, where you can buy season ticket packages.
- Publication of more than fifteen articles on music in Barcelona in international media, after the visit of a dozen journalists specializing in classical music.
- We have launched the figure of the Barcelona Obertura ambassador and we have achieved the commitment of the Quartet Casals and Jordi Savall, key figures of our music, to promote this initiative worldwide.