Barcelona Global votes the new project The Barcelona Agenda
Barcelona is facing the imperative to recover from recent political, economic, touristic and terrorist crises.
On December 13th, in our General Assembly, we agreed with the proposition of Professor Greg Clark that we, as civic leaders, should act quickly and decisively to maintain our city’s aspirations to become a globally relevant city.
Barcelona Global is presenting a set of ambitious global communication actions and the development of a series of strategic projects in order to quickly recover from the crisis and promote Barcelona as the city we want to be: one of the best cities in the world for talent and economic activity.
The Barcelona Agenda has the support of major members of Barcelona Global and seeks to involve all members on its funding and implementation.
The Barcelona Agenda will include:
- A global campaign in digital media to promote Barcelona as a city that works, vibrates, and is a superb choice for investors, entrepreneurs, researchers, creatives and visitors.
- A set of Press Trips for journalists and global opinions formers to visit Barcelona at specific key moments in order to the directly communicate the specific strengths of Barcelona.
- The executive design of strategic projects for the future of Barcelona in key areas, such as the attraction of investment and global technological entrepreneurship; education in English for global talent; the development of the cultural potential of the city; higher education and the attraction of knowledge centres; and candidature for new major international sports events.
- Design and production of a global campaign in digital media for Barcelona.
- Organisation of agendas so that journalists and global opinion leaders can visit Barcelona at key moments and transfer the image of a Barcelona that works, vibrates and is the best option.
- Design of a modern investment attraction system for Barcelona and its metropolitan area.
- Implementation of a forceful action to attract global technology entrepreneurs.
- Executive plan for the Barcelona Global International School.
- Plan to attract collections and international art collectors to Barcelona.
- Creation of the Higher Education Cluster for Barcelona, enhancing its characters as an attractive city to study.
- Identification of great sporting events and preparation to attract them to Barcelona.
To carry out and make possible The Barcelona Agenda, we need your help.
First, we would like to convey our passion for this Project. Not only that, we also need an economic contribution to really take these projects to fruition, and turn them into a reality for Barcelona, for our city. We hope you will collaborate with us. We invite you to you become a partner so that we can make these projects possible together, by clicking on the option "In favor and donate".