Six months after the celebration of the 1stBarcelona Global Summit: Innovation in Urban Tourism, these are the most recent events carried out by Barcelona Global:
- The conclusions of the Summit have been shared with the politicians of the city hall and the state. More specifically, the conclusions have been taken to the mayor, Ada Colau, to her city ealdorman of Tourism Agustí Colom, and to the minister of Industry, Trade and Tourism Reyes Maroto, as well as the leaders of the opposition in the City hall.
- In this way, it has been ensured that those proposals that need public initiative are known to those responsible, and especially those that refer to fiscal modifications: the rise of the IBI for buildings licensed for dwellings tourist use, the financing through the tourism rate of the promotion of Barcelona as a cultural destination and especially for the musical field. Other proposals would be, on the one hand, to create a certification that shows good practices in work equality within the tourism industry and, on the other, to improve the management of the offer of tourist flats in the city.
- With the help of URIA, corporate protector member of Barcelona Global, advances have been made in concrete proposals for legislative modification to implement mechanisms of public-private collaboration in zones of intense use, development and decentralization of tourism, known as BID.
- Together with several members, a specific proposal has been developed in order to expand and strengthen Barcelona as a reference center of music and position it as a world music capital, adding a new attraction to our city offer.
- On October 27th, a stable working group with members of the entire value chain of the tourism sector of Barcelona (from the financial sector, hotels, tourist apartments, unions, bookshops, cultural attractions, consultants, guides). In April, this team will present a new report with city challenges and specific proposals in the field of tourism.
- Good management of tourism in the city of Barcelona is a key element for tourists and citizens to live together in harmony. Tourism is an essential asset that projects Barcelona to the world as a city of talent, creating employment and wealth. Insecurity, the use of public space, the need to prioritize public-private collaboration for the management and promotion of tourism are issues that this summer have once again emerged strongly, further tending the coexistence among visitors and the neighbors of certain areas. Additionally, the appearance in the international press of images of incivity and degradation of the public space have again put Barcelona on the world map negatively, causing a topic that should generate good news project a negative image of the city.
If you want more information about the advances in this field, you can contact directly with the Director of Projects of Barcelona Global, Anna Casadellà: email@example.com
Check here the Summit Activiy.