On Tuesday 27 June we met with the new Mayor of Barcelona, Jaume Collboni, to inform him of Barcelona Global's priorities in order to promote the city of impact talent.
The Mayor received a representation of the Executive Committee of Barcelona Global, headed by its President, Maite Barrera Xaubet, who explained the challenges that Barcelona must face in the next 4 years, among which stand out:
- Attracting and retaining high-impact talent.
- Interconnected and environmentally friendly airport
- Affordable and accessible housing
- Sustainable and decarbonised mobility
- Attraction of major international events
- Public space and security
- Public-private collaboration and civil society leadership to address the city's challenges.
We also explained to the Mayor the projects that the Association has underway, such as the construction of the first plant in Spain dedicated to the design and prototyping of advanced material chips; the attraction of companies and digital hubs in the city through Barcelona&Partners; the improvement of taxation; the internationalisation of education; and the analysis of the gap between the generation of talent in Barcelona so that the city offers opportunities and makes a clear commitment to impact talent.