In May of 2018 Barcelona Global and Barcelona Urban Cluster (BUC) signed an agreement through which the associates of BUC integrate Barcelona Global as corporate members, to make Barcelona one of the best cities in the world for talent and economic activity.
It consists of 43 urban planning, construction, real estate and infrastructure companies, leaders in the economic and urban development of the city of Barcelona, that joined together in order to professionalize and modernize the real estate sector and the construction industry.
From now on, it will be Barcelona Global who will work on the programs and objectives of BUC. With this integration, Barcelona Global adds the sensitivity of the urban, real estate, infrastructural and architectural sectors, key elements in a city like Barcelona.
- Promote the dynamism of planning, construction, real estate and infrastructure in the city of Barcelona and its metropolitan area.
- Promote talent and knowledge in the sector: application of new technologies and adaptation to the digital age.
- Consolidate and reaffirm Barcelona as a modern, rational, sustainable and participatory model, contributing to the improvement of the well being of the city.
- Collaborate with private companies, as well as local administrations, in order to develop projects that will distinguish Barcelona as a worldwide reference.
- Create and share opinion and dialogue in relation to the urban models of the city in its transformation and the main projects.
- Barcelona Urban Cluster has quadrupled the number of associates in four years.
- We have the participation of the main companies in real estate and construction in Barcelona, such as: Cuatrecasas Advocats, Comsa Corporació, Santa&Cole, Aguirre Newman, Garrigues Advocats, SABA, Pich Arquitectes, L35 Arquitectes and Caixabank, amongst others.
- It has become a forum for generating opinions and proposals in relation to the socio-urban aspects that affect most the city and its metropolitan area, especially in relation to the rehabilitation of large urban areas and/or housing.