The new inter-university public degree taught entirely in English in industrial engineering and economics in Barcelona, in collaboration with the UPF, the UPC and FemCAT. The second edition of this degree aims to form professionals in the field of industrial engineering and the economy with business involvement, global-in-nature and focused on contributing to the economic competitiveness of the city.
- Create an interuniversity degree of excellence as a mechanism to boost the training of highly qualified professionals.
- Influence financial competitiveness through the incorporation of international talent.
- Involve companies in the design and implementation of the degree qualification.
- Establish a scalable method to replicate it, if necessary, in other disciplines and academic projects in the future.
- Train engineers with transversal training and knowledge in economics, with high training that allows them to face the challenges of a society in continuous transformation.
- Train professionals focused on leadership to companies and people responsible for the environment.
- Associate the Barcelona brand with the training of international excellence.
- Configuration of the curriculum with attention to transversal skills.
- First promotion for the degree during 2018-2019.
- The second edition of the degree during 2019-2020.
- Creation of the Barcelona Education in Science and Technology (BEST) Foundation that is in charge of financing the new Degree in Industrial Technologies and Economics UPC-UPF.
- Increase in demand, with a total of 99 applications of first preference.
- Increase of the offer, with a total of 50 places.
- Increase in the first-grade cut-off grade.
Collaboration companies: Acciona, Agrolimen, Applus , Cellnex, Comexi, Doga, Fundació Banc Sabadell, Fundació Repsol, HP, Nestlé, Suez.
Collaboration members: Mur & Partners and BCN Languages.
Find here further information on the degree.
Click here to read about the presentation we celebrated the last 3rd of December 2018.