In Barcelona, a quality higher education system has been developed that has guaranteed the access of new generations to the university education system under equal conditions. However, the universities based in Barcelona do not appear in the top positions of the different international rankings, with the exception of the two Business Schools (ESADE and IESE) that are at the top of the different rankings of post university education and especially MBA.
During three working sessions, 69 participants, including representatives of the main public universities and research centres, as well as large technology, engineering, banking and human resources companies, worked on the challenge of replicating the vocation for excellence in the university environment, involving different key players in the city and especially Barcelona's civil society.
- To identify concrete and viable projects that will make it possible to promote a system of higher education of excellence in Barcelona.
- To influence economic competitiveness through the incorporation of international talent.
- Promote a new inter-university degree in industrial engineering and economics in Barcelona, in collaboration with the UPF, the UPC and a third international university, which trains excellent professionals in the fields of industrial engineering and economics, with business involvement, global character and focused on contributing to the economic competitiveness of the city.
- Involve companies in the design and implementation of the degree.
- Creation of the inter-university degree in Industrial Technologies and Economic Analysis (UPC-UPF) as a mechanism to promote the training of highly qualified professionals.
- Creation of the Barcelona Education in Science and Technology Foundation (BEST), which is responsible for financing the new Degree in Industrial Technologies and Economic Analysis (UPC-UPF).
- First promotion of the degree during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Martí Adroer (Cuatrecasas), Jordi Aguilera (Cuch-Aguilera Legal SLP), Victorino Anguera (Gas Natural Fenosa), Juan Carlos Belloso (Experto en imagen, desarrollo y promoción territorial), Francesc Boada (Abantia), Joaquim Boixareu (Irestal Group), Michael Brandenburg (Brandenburg Coaching Partners), Toni Brunet (Cellnex-Abertis), Jose Ramon Calvo (Fundación Excelencia), Albert Calzada (Serra Process), Jordi Camí (PRBB), Ramón Carbonell, Aurora Cata (Seeliger y Conde), Joaquim Coello (Asesor de la Presidencia de Gamesa), Luis Comas Martínez de Teh¡jada (Seat), Emilio Cuatrecasas (Cuatrecasas), Alonso Fernandez (Everis), Joan Font (Bon Preu), Marta Gamiz (Universitat Internacional de Catalunya), Laura Garcia (FemCAT), Antoni Giró Roca (Ex Rector UPC), Vicente Guallart (Iaac), Casilda Guell (Profesora Universitat), Mateu Hernández (Barcelona Global), Jaume-Enric Hugas (Inversor), Walt Joosten (AB Invex), Rafaela Jurado (ITNOW), Boaz Kogon (ICN2), Albert Llorens Albareda (E-laCaixa), Teresa Manobens (Global Talent Management Director), Josep Martínez Vila (Saba Infraestructures), Joan Morera (Analista Financiero), Teresa Navarro, Enrico Nebbia (Sendas Value), Blanca Ochoa Gómez (Clifford Chance), Juan José Planes (Konsak), Ana Pinós Platard de Quenin (Periodista), Maite Poyos (Deloitte), Xavier Pujol, Raimon Ripoll (Deloitte), Alexis Roig (GlobalTaixue), Pablo Sagnier Maristany (Egon Zehnder), Josep Samitier (IBEC), Xavier Simó (INLEA), Cecilia Tham (MOB makers of Barcelona), Xavier Torras (Roca), Bruno Vilarasau (Telefónica), Belen Vilasante (Consultora), Teresa Garcia, Martí Parellada and Francesc Solà.