A new benchmark for the city's classical music scene has emerged from the coming together of the Liceu Opera, the Palau de la Música Catalana and L’Auditori: Barcelona Obertura Classic and Lyric. This initiative aims to promote Barcelona's rich variety of music on the world map, as one of the global cities where classical music matters.
Identify the main moments of every season with the purpose of creating a top-notch programme for classical music lovers. We want Barcelona, which is already internationally renowned above all for its cuisine, architecture, football and climate, to also be recognized for its classical music agenda and the uniqueness of its musical venues.
- Five seasons (2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20).
- Own budget of 60,000 euros, result from the contributions of each institution.
- Barcelona Obertura website, where you can buy season ticket packages.
- Since 2016, publication of 55 articles on music in Barcelona in international media, after the visit of fifteen journalists specializing in classical music.
- Incorporation of new partners: Conservatori del Liceu, Orquestra Camera Musicae and Fundació Salvat (Bachcelona Festival).
- Incorporation of hotel partners for the press trips: Alma Barcelona, Cotton House, Grand Hotel Central, Mandarin Oriental Barcelona and Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona.
Barcelona Obertura Spring Festival and Obertura City +:
- First classical music festival organized by the three main institutions of Barcelona (Gran Teatre del Liceu, Palau de la Música Catalana, L'Auditori) to spread classical music in Barcelona during two weeks.
- First edition from 4th to 17th of March of 2019:
- Spring Festival: 17 concerts at 3 venues (Liceu Opera, Palau de la Música Catalana, L'Auditori) will feature great names on the national and international scene.
- Obertura City+: 33 free concerts open for Barcelona citizens and visitors in emblematic spaces of the city with the participation of local talents selected by the artistic directors of the institutions.
- Second edition will be from 19th to 30th of March.
- Contribution of 300,000 euros from the Barcelona City Council for Barcelona Spring Festival Overage and City + 2019 Overture.
- Figure of the ambassador of Barcelona Obertura with the commitment of Quartet Casals and Jordi Savall, key figures of our music, to promote this initiative worldwide.