A new benchmark for the city's classical music scene has emerged from the coming together of the Liceu Opera, the Palau de la Música Catalana and L’Auditori: Barcelona Obertura Classic and Lyric. This initiative aims to promote Barcelona's rich variety of music on the world map, as one of the global cities where classical music matters.
Identify the main moments of every season with the purpose of creating a top-notch programme for classical music lovers. We want Barcelona, which is already internationally renowned above all for its cuisine, architecture, football and climate, to also be recognized for its classical music agenda and the uniqueness of its musical venues.
- The first Classical Music Festival organized by the three main institutions of Barcelona (Liceu Opera, Palau de la Música Catalana, L'Auditori) which will spread classical music across Barcelona for two weeks in 2019.
- Four seasons (2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19).
- Own budget of 60,000 euros, result from the contributions of each institution.
- Contribution of 300.000 euros from Barcelona City Council for Barcelona Obertura Spring Festival and Obertura City+ 2019.
- Barcelona Obertura website, where you can buy season ticket packages.
- Publication of more than twenty articles on music in Barcelona in international media, after the visit of fifteen journalists specializing in classical music.
- We have launched the figure of the Barcelona Obertura ambassador and we have achieved the commitment of the Quartet Casals and Jordi Savall, key figures of our music, to promote this initiative worldwide.
Barcelona Obertura Spring Festival of 2019 offers 2 experiences:
- Spring Festival: 17 concerts at 3 venues (Liceu Opera, Palau de la Música Catalana, L'Auditori) will feature great names on the national and international scene.
- Obertura City+: 33 free concerts open for Barcelona citizens and visitors in emblematic spaces of the city with the participation of local talents selected by the artistic directors of the institutions.